What information do you collect? How do you use it?
When you sign up to become a member, we only ask basic information (a username, email and password) in order to create a private member account for you. That’s all. We don’t even ask for a real name unless you want to make that your user name. We will use your email address to verify the account and to occasionally send you news and updates about our site. We will never sell, rent or trade your email address or personal information to any 3rd party or other nasty spammy /marketing shysters.
We use this information to see how many people come to our site so that we can generally feel good about ourselves. It also helps us analyse how visitors interact with the website so we can improve the overall quality and performance of CityTag. If you’re particularly paranoid about this, then there’s loads of resources and companies that can help you stay anonymous online. To find out more just see "internet privacy".
Are you sure you won’t sell my information?
Mobile-specific information we collect
- Most of the personally identifying information we collect is what you tell us about yourself. For example, certain of our products and services allow you to interact and share personal information and data with others. You choose what you want to share and how you want to share it.
- Sometimes, we record your phone number. We record your phone number when you send it to us; ask us to remember it; or make a call or send a text message or SMS to or from CityTag. If you ask us to remember your phone number, we will associate your phone number with your CityTag Account, or, if you do not have a CityTag Account, with some other similar account ID. We often generate this account ID based on your device and hardware IDs, so if you change your device or hardware, you will have to re-associate this new device or hardware with your account before we can authenticate you.
- We collect some information on device-level events, such as crashes, and associate that temporarily with your CityTag Account in order to provide customer service.
- Most of the other information we collect for mobile, such as your device and hardware IDs and device type, the request type, your carrier, your carrier user ID, the content of your request, and basic usage stats about your device and use of CityTag's products and services does not by itself identify you to CityTag, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you consider personal.
- If you use location-enabled products and services, such as CityTag for mobile, you may be sending us location information. This information may reveal your actual location, such as GPS data, or it may not, such as when you submit a partial address to look at a map of the area.
- Certain of our products and services allow you to download and/or personalise the content you receive from us. For these products and services, we will record information about your downloads and preferences, along with any information you provide yourself (such as a list of your stocks to personalise your stock listings). If the product or service requires you to log in with a CityTag Account, this information will be associated with your CityTag Account.
- If you use CityTag to transcode, or format, non-mobile pages to display properly on your device, we need to send your request to CityTag's servers for formatting. That means that we will record these requests, which are generally for material beyond CityTag's sites.
- For products and services with voice recognition capabilities, we collect and store a copy of the voice input you make to the product or service. To improve processing of your voice input, we may also continuously record in temporary memory a few seconds of ambient background noise. This recording stays only temporarily on the device and is not sent to CityTag.
- We use your information to process and personalise your requests. We also use the information for support, to develop new features, and to improve the overall quality of CityTag's products and services.
- We may also use the information to show you a history of your activity, to provide you with statistics about you or your use of our product or service, or to provide you with a better user experience.
- If you purchase something through CityTag's products and services, we may also use your information to bill you and to handle billing disputes.
Information sharing and onward transfer
- All requests must be sent through your mobile carrier's network and your carrier may have access to it. For information regarding your carrier's treatment of your information, please consult your carrier's privacy policies.
- If you decide to use third party applications on your device, any information those applications collect may be sent to third parties and the CityTag privacy policies do not apply. However, third party applications may have their own privacy policies that you should review.
- We may share your information with certain third parties we use to perform certain functions, such as billing and text message or SMS delivery. These third parties will be required to treat your information in accordance with the applicable CityTag privacy policies. We may also share some information with your wireless operator in order to perform customer service functions.
- Certain of our products and services allow you to interact and share your information with others. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal information or data that might be accessible to others.
Certain of our products and services allow you to opt-out of certain information gathering and sharing or to opt-out of certain products, services, or features. Each product has a help page which describes these and other options.